WATER SURFACE SENSOR
This device has been designed to fill the need for a simple, portable, quick, reliable and accurate means of measuring to a water surface. It is particularly useful for checking the settings of water level recording equipment in river gauging stations and other open channel flow monitoring applications. It may be used, with care, on observation boreholes where good accuracy is required.
- Can be quickly attached to any measuring tape.
- Sensitivity better than 1mm, allowing direct reading to the accuracy of the tape.
- Contact is indicated by a clear tone, allowing use where the sensor is out of site.
- Robust electronics sealed in silicon, housed in a tough nylon body.
- Standard 9v battery, quiescent drain negligible, operating current 5mA.
- Can be bench checked for accuracy.